Need a remedy for brown landscape Early Spring blues? Ready? It's the practical roll-your-sleeves-up-&-get-busy version of Feng Shui. Move 27 items in your home. I'm serious. Do it now. Why? Because, if you're like most of us in New England, the landscape is neither glistening with fresh snow (and if it is, we're over it!), nor lush w/ flowering trees, tulips & daffodils. Nothing is sprouting up & shouting It's Spring! We know the energy is THERE because history tells us that Spring WILL COME. That's outside.
What about inside your home? If you're up for feeling more vibrant in your own home--- be it a humble apartment, condo, cottage or a turreted palace, here's how! The key is...
DON'T OVER-THINK. Just DO.
1. Let's start in the bedroom. If you can move your bed so that your feet are pointing north, fantastic. The sages of this ancient Chinese practice of aligning with the energy of your environment will be smiling upon you. Then, of course, the dresser(s) & other furniture will have to be rearranged. How close are you to meeting your goal of moving 27 items? Did you dress your bed w/ throw pillows from another room? It all counts! (Actually, I don't count. When this mood strikes me, there's no stopping until my back starts screaming. Be smarter than me.)
2. How's your living room looking? Can the sofa be placed on an angle & the nearby chairs adjusted to maintain the grouping? That will create drama & a sense of movement. Feel it?
3. Shop your own home--- trade from & steal from other rooms! Look around and switch up the following. Area rugs, prints, pillows, throw blankets, plants, end tables & floor lamps, decorative items & books on the coffee table.
4. Carefully (watch your back!) rethink the decor on your walls. Send the mirrors & framed prints on a forced march. You'll be surprised how much you APPRECIATE them again once they're in a new spot!
5. Pull a few colors from a print, pillow or an area rug and use them to inspire a new color scheme. A Feng Shui practitioner will know the color palette that strenthens the energy of each qua- the area of the room or the entire home. Do you care about that today? No. For now, repurpose what you have and use what you know now to revitalize your home or office. (Or home office!)
Share a pic or several & report on your successful Intro To Feng Shui Day!
***PS- Cleaning could be #6. If you're moving furniture, vacuum up those dust bunnies for an extra mood boost! Good luck & Have Fun! #realestaterefreshednh_